Saturday, May 11, 2013

Back in the saddle

I've started running again.  I guess I should say I've started "running" (imagine that word surrounded by air quotes) again.  I forget how humbling it is to start back up after some time off.  Today I ran 7 miles.  Not too long ago, 7 miles was a "psssshhh.....that's nothing" kind of distance for me.  This is what 7 miles looked like today:
 
Yeah.  Not pretty at all.  It was a struggle. But I did it! One mile further than last week and the longest run I've completed since probably August last year. Happy to be out running real distances, but looking forward to it becoming second nature again.

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

7 miles is awesome!! I totally know how hard it is to get back into running after a hiatus, especially one that involved growing a human inside your body ;) Proud of you for pushing through. Usually after 3-4 weeks of consistent running that's usually when I actually start enjoying it again :) Seriously wish I could get out there with you! Miss my running buddy!