Friday, May 17, 2013

30 for 30: Day 6

Today I packed up the kids and headed over to the local high school to watch a middle school track meet to watch one of my young women run her event.  We've been to a few, but have never stayed to the end.  We got there just in time to watch her run the mile...but her coach pulled her from the mile....and the 800....the only event she ended up running was the 4x400 relay.  The very.last.event.of.the.day.  We ended up staying there for three hours.  I didn't take a single picture of the kids because

1) I forgot
2) I was trying to keep Caroline happy
3) I was busy wiping Abby's nose every twelve seconds

Thankfully, the kids LOVE to run around at track meets.  It was a gorgeous day.  I had packed plenty of snacks knowing that we were going to be there for awhile, but as the afternoon wore on, it was evident I was going to have to hit up the concession stand for some popcorn.  Two bags of buttery popcorn kept the kids occupied for the last hour while we waited to cheer for our runner.  She did great and her team qualified for the state championship.  I'm so glad the kids held it together for that long.  When we got home?  Different story.  They completely fell apart.  I had just enough energy left to get them to bed.  Then I treated myself to a bowl of cereal for dinner.

No comments: