Thursday, May 23, 2013

30 for 30: Day 12

Aside from letter writing, it seems my next "go-to" RAOK is offering to watch people's kids.  Lucky for me, I know a lot of people with kids that need watching.

I actually helped out a friend today so she could help out another friend (so, kind of a RAOK ripple effect thingy going on).  We love having this particular buddy over because he plays well with Thomas and Abby and is just hysterically funny in almost every single way.  As it turned out, it ended up being a short play-date.  I was just slathering on my first slather of peanut butter when his mom showed up.  We couldn't send the poor child on his way when I had promised delicious peanut butter sandwiches for all.  So I made my weekday lunch special (we have PB&J every.single.day).  I really won't know what to do with myself if any of my kids have a nut allergy.  Probably cry.

Speaking of crying....

This might be another item that falls under the category of "I wiped my kid's butt", but we have been enduring a mighty struggle with 2 yr. molars that refuse to just COME IN ALREADY.  It's making my normally happy child act more like this:

than this:

Yeah.  We've seen far too few of those happy and content moments around here these past few weeks. So, my other RAOK for the day was that I was extra super patient with her when she spent almost the entire day in tantrum mode.  Giving myself a gold star for that one.

No comments: