Saturday, May 25, 2013

30 for 30: Day 14

I was panicking today when I realized I didn't know what I was going to do.  I usually try and plan something out beforehand, but all I had planned for the day was a nice run in the morning and non-stop busy-ness at home for the rest of the day.  It was just a busy, busy day.  The kind where you hardly see your spouse all day.  And I was alone at home with the kids.  And the one RAOK I had sort of planned out didn't happen because - who knew? - the public library is CLOSED the Saturday before Memorial Day.

Anyway, since I knew I was going to be out on a run and that would essentially be the only time away from home, I took advantage of that time to seek out people to be kind to.  I have a philosophy about early morning exercisers - we are all cut from the same cloth.  Maybe we are morning people by nature or forced into it out of necessity (i.e. working out taking priority over sleeping in).  Whatever the case may be, early morning exercisers are MY PEOPLE.  It takes a certain kind of person to want to get up early on a Saturday morning and lace up their running shoes.  Especially a Saturday that was drizzly and cool (though I thought it was *perfect* running conditions).  Since I feel a special kinship with these people, I went out of my way to give a hearty "HELLO!" and "GOOD MORNING!" to every passer-by that braved this unseasonably drizzly and cool Saturday morning.

Not gonna lie - some Saturdays I look at my alarm clock and think, "Why....?".  And then I'm reminded of this:


Yeah.  So true.  No matter how crappy the run, I never regret having gone out to do it.  I only regret not going to bed earlier the night before. 


No comments: