Monday, May 20, 2013

30 for 30: Day 9

Today I got to the gym early enough to do what I tried (and failed) to do last Monday - show up early to spin class to set all of the spin bikes up.  A small act of kindness - yes, I know - but considering this spin instructor is the exact same woman that tries to kill me every Friday morning at boot camp, I considered it quite a benevolent act to set up the class for her.

And I couldn't mention acts of kindness without saying something about the catastrophic tornado in Oklahoma today.  Such a tragic event.  I was there in the days after the big tornado in May 1999 to help with the clean up.  It really takes standing in a pile of debris that used to be a house to really appreciate the devastation Mother Nature can create.  Wishing I was there with my fellow Sooner-staters to help with the clean up and donation collections and so forth.  For those that are helping with the relief and rescue efforts: THANK YOU.  For now, we continue to pray and show our support for the Sooner state.

We love you, Oklahoma!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Feeling the same way Sista!