Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Potty Training

Though we have yet to enter that phase of life when we have to worry about potty training, I thought I would post this gem of a video. Kendall and I found it very inspiring, and thought that our friends currently involved in the potty-training process would, too. Apparently the potty-training success rate is higher among Japanese children because of it. We will definitely have to archive this for future use.
I translated it and put subtitles on it today. I have to say the Japanese is better so if you can understand it, great, but if not, I think I did well enough on the translation to get the message across.
As a word of warning, don't look for the English translation version on YouTube. I found that the translation was far from correct and actually horribly wrong and bad so don't go around looking for it.
Enjoy the video.



For those that speak Japanese, here's the link to the original version.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ZoGf47Z3aY&feature=related

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That was intense. Do you really speak Japanese?

Steph said...

I know what Kenta's going to be for Halloween this year.

PANTS MAN!!

Amie said...

I'm curious about the "straining bar"...maybe Japanese children need more fiber! I wish Max's poo looked like a tiny legume. Great video, thanks for the insight!

Taryn said...

Where was "Pants Man" a couple years ago? Thank you for sharing! Always a good laugh!

Christine said...

Chris just gave this a try. It seems his success rate has improved, so thanks for the tip! Now if you could just help him with the song lyrics, we'll be set! :) Although...he was a little disappointed when his poop didn't dance!