Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthiversary!!

Q: What is the best anniversary present ever?


A: That's easy - a trip to the temple and sushi afterwards.


Trick Q: What's the best birthday present ever?

A: That's easy, too. Getting married to your best friend the day before your birthday.

Sound confusing? It's really not all that complicated. It's called a "Birthiversary". Get married the day before your birthday - that way, you can make the celebration last longer. Your husband really only has to remember to get you presents once a year - you just spread them out over two days. In fact, it is very convenient and has solved a dilemma that has plagued me since childhood. I remember hating to go to bed on my birthday because I would think "only 364 days until my next birthday" - which seems like forever to a child. If you have your birthday and anniversary back to back, the celebration is very satisfying because it lasts twice as long. Thus, when you go to bed on your birthday, you think "only 363 days until my next birthiversary" which doesn't seem nearly as long as 364. I would assume that the converse is just as great (birthday the day before your anniversary) though I have not experienced that myself. And when you get older, since you only keep track of how many birthiversaries you have celebrated, you feel younger. It's a win/win/win/win situation. Everybody wins.

So, with that being said. Happy Birthiversary to me/us! Our second annual Birthiversary was held on June 9-10. Here's what we did:



This is Kenta and I outside the temple. He is pretending to be excited about me kissing him.



Mmmmmm....Japanese food. We went to Tokyo (the restaurant) and stuffed ourselves silly.



Showing off our mad chopstick skills:

Kenta displays a single grain of rice



I stun the crowds with my ambidextrous wasabi consumption.

What a great celebration. The only thing that could have possibly made it better was going to see Glenn Beck on the 9th (Kenta was thisclose to surprising me with tickets). Oh, well. And while we are on the subject of birthdays and anniversaries (birthiversaries), today my parents are celebrating 42 years of wedded bliss. In my humble opinion, the last 25 years or so have been the happiest for them.

And I just turned 25 on our second birthiversary.

What a coincidence.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthiversary, Kendall! I always love reading your blog! You make me smile every time. And tell your parents happy anniversary as well!

By the way, how did your primary children like their Rameumptom lesson?

Rachel said...

Yeah! Happy Birthiversary! I'm so excited for both of you. I can't believe it's been two years! I was there that day... crazy! Congrats guys!

Amie said...

(in a Homer voice)Sushi...temple...Ahhhhh!

Steph said...

I had a really snazzy comment but lost it and don't feel like typing it again, so I'll just say,

Mmmmmm. Sushi. Mmmmmm.

Taryn said...

Next time you eat sushi... call your fat american friends..... it's one of our favorites! We have mad chopstick skills too. (Not two fisted though, that was impressive!)