Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't Stop Believin'

Okay...it's been established before that I am a sucker for good youtube videos. Let me preface this clip by saying I frequently categorize Journey as one of the Most Annoying Bands Ever - mostly due to the fact that Steve Perry, in all his mullet glory, just irritates me. I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJ was talking about how Journey is coming to town and they have a new lead singer. Then he played this clip - the guy is amazing. Even if Steve Perry irritates you as much as he irritates me, this is worth taking a listen to. This new lead singer is some dude from the Phillipines who not only sounds just like Steve, but (in my opinion) he sounds better (okay-there are a few awkward pronunciations, but that's forgivable - English is his second language). So, enjoy. Please don't send me hatemail if you like Journey - I happen to like a few of their songs. And the Journey-Randy Jackson-American Idol connection is a saving grace. Anyway- prepare to be amazed.....

5 comments:

Steph said...

Really, the most annoying thing about Steve Perry are his facial expressions when he sings, specifically, his mouth. This new guy really is good, though. Very thought-provoking post, Kendall.

Amie said...

Sign me up: I am there! I bet their playing at the Zoo Ampitheater (that IS where all the good bands play..Heart, Loverboy, Def Leppard). As I was soakin' in the Journey, I was quickly transported back to a wicked-sweet 7th grade social. Rock on!

Amie said...

I just had one more comment...Did you ever notice that "Don't Stop Believin'" was the theme song for Romney's few victories in the primary? I found this a bit ironic since that song is about "ladies of the night" and other unseemly activities. Go to any karaoke bar and perform that song: the proof is right there!

keelfam said...

check out this article about Arnel Pineda
Dapit sa buong bundo, kahit kanino, tayong lahat ay Pilipino!

a famous filipino proverb that says, where ever you are in the world, who ever you are in the world, we're all Filipino!

Love the new album
Ben

keelfam said...

sorry here is the link from Rolling Stone,
Unfortunately, having seen where Arnel grew up, he is definitely a lucky one to make his way out, those slums are horrible.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/12/05/journey-finds-new-singer-the-old-fashioned-way-on-the-internet/