Monday, June 3, 2013

30 for 30: Day 23

Another thank you note day!

This time I changed it up a bit and wrote a note to a parent that I felt was truly supportive of their daughter and her involvement in church youth activities.  As a parent, I know my kids save some of their worst behavior (and best....I get to see the best of them, too) for me.  Sometimes it's hard for me to remember just what great kids they are, especially after a particularly difficult day.

I imagine this will continue through their teenage years and beyond.  Because parents see the best AND the worst, it's sometimes easy for them (us!) to forget just how good they are.  This particular parent really has done a great job with their child.  She is so kind and conscientious.  She's always seeking out that one person that may be feeling a little left-out or excluded and wrapping their arms around them (literally and figuratively) to help them feel welcomed and accepted.  And she is fabulous with kids.  Mine just adore her. It's just amazing to see her in action.  I'm sure much of that comes by nature, but I know enough to know that a lot of that is taught at home.

I usually don't know much about what happens after I send out one of my thank you notes, but I did get a "thank you for your thank you note" from this parent.  I think they were really surprised by it.  And, according to the daughter - it completely made their day!  Yay!

No comments: