Saturday, June 25, 2011

You think you do not understand boys...

This was a long time coming but I FINALLY got around to trying it out.
So, in response to this post, I decided to defend my idea and do a little experiment. For those that do not remember, read the post.
In my attempt to keep people from nodding off at my description of the experiment, the experimentation process, and the experiment itself, which would ultimately become WAY too long to even care to read, I decided to make a video. Yes, a video. I tried to keep it as short as possible but it still ended up being 7 minutes long so forgive me and my boringness, although if you watch it all, you will be treated in whatever way I could think of on the fly with what I had available to me in the man cave.
I present, The Experiment...


So, there you have it. The result is in the video for all the world to see, or those who faithfully read our blog. So, do you understand boys any better now?

Disclaimer: If you ever decide to try this out, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure there is no metal or anything that can melt on any piece of cloth you put in. The microwave does bad things to metal and melty things. Now, if you're in for a show, and like sparkly things, by all means, stick something metal in BUT I do not take any responsibility and should not be liable for what happens to you, your microwave, your article of clothing, your house, or anything else you may own that may be damaged in the process. In other words, DON'T DO IT!
One more thing, just to be safe, don't leave the microwave unattended if you try this out yourself. In the off chance something happens, you want to be right there to catch it just in case.

You thought you could get the result without watching the video huh? Mwa ha ha ha...and yes, we have a microwave in the basement, but it's a spare.

ADDENDUM:


Sorry I wasn't up to doing much during the actual experiment so I fast forwarded really fast during the four minutes this time.

There was one more comment that using a dry iron would do the trick. I think it would do a fine job but only if the iron was already on and hot. If it is cold, I think you're going to wait a little for it to heat up and then you have to dry the piece of clothing so in a bind, it's probably not the fastest way to dry something BUT if the iron is already hot, I think it will be fine. I still prefer the microwave (assuming it's clean) since I can just throw it in and do something else as I watch it on the side, but that's just me being lazy. Yes, I am a man and admit to my laziness.

8 comments:

Steph said...

Two observations: You sure crammed a lot of action into that 4-minute segment. (What exactly were your costumes, and what were you playing on the guitar?). #2 - My favorite, FAVORITE part was when you weighed the second towel after wetting it, discovering it was the exact same weight as the first towel, and seeing that look of "How awesome am I?" flash across your face. Yeah, you da man, Kenta.

(For what it's worth, putting a wet washcloth in the microwave for a minute will loosen any gunk stuck on the walls/ceiling and make it a LOT easier to just wipe down after a bowl of chili blows up. Just a tip.)

Cassandra said...

My husband's comment: wouldn't four minutes in the dryer do as much? Without the risk of meltiness? You should do another experiment to compare : )

LJ said...

Hee hee...Kenta should host a science show. I'm really missing Bill Nye just watching this. Just sayin'.

Karen said...

30 sec with a dry iron would also dry it pretty quickly but that aside... I also see a science show in Kenta's future! Just gotta figure out a name.

Beccarigg said...

That. was. awesome. Kenta needs to do his own science show, or maybe even a spin off of mythbusters. haha! He is a natural in front of the camera and so very thorough and precise with his little scale and everything. I would be more willing to try the microwave idea if I wasn't afraid my clothes would get food stains all over them from the mess in there. Guess I should probably clean that out.... : )

Bruthahood said...

If you thought I was good in front of the camera here, you should wait to see me on National Geographic in the fall. Yes, you read that right, I'll actually be in a documentary.

Ami said...

I was going to say the same thing as Steph; my favorite part was Kenta's secret look of pride when the second rag weighed 46 grams. A close second was at the very beginning when you took a second to compose your face before you started talking.
I think Joel will really appreciate being vindicated on stuff like this. Keep the little experiments coming.

Rachel said...

YOU GUYS ARE NERDS!!! and I LOVE IT! How bout 4 mins with a blowdryer? That's always my way of drying things in a pinch. Experiment #3 coming soon???? Of course the downfall is, you usually have to hold / wiggle the hairdryer, so would take a lot more effort than throwing it in the micro and leaving it alone.