Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I got absolutely nothing done today

Naptime was a complete bust today. It was pretty much like a game of whack-a-mole: as soon as I got one child settled, the other one would get up (too soon). Then I would try and get the one that got up too soon to go back down, only to have the other one wake up (again - too soon) before the other one got settled again. I'm usually frustrated when this happens, but I decided to take a different approach today. Shorter naps meant more time to run errands in the afternoon (a much-needed Costco run and some returns at Old Navy) - and even some time to whip up a batch of cookies for a church activity tonight. I very well could have been grumpy about a virtually napless day, but I've actually thoroughly enjoyed the company. Thomas is the best errand-running buddy a mom could ask for. He produces a constant stream of chatter and we totally rocked out to Primary songs and nursery rhymes in the car. And he's quite the sous chef:




I secretly enjoyed the napless day. How could you not when you've got that face to keep you company?

6 comments:

Amy said...

I can definitely relate to this!...except I don't think I enjoy it as much as you!

LJ said...

I was secretly amazing at Whack-a-Mole in my wild youth.

Also: I love seeing that Hood nose on Thomas. Makes me feel like I know him already.

Beccarigg said...

hahaha! Whack a mole is the perfect description for so many moments in my day too! Glad you made the most of a day without naps. Both my girls have given up napping and while I miss the 2 hour break, it IS nice being able to get out of the house more, run other errands, or do fun things with the kids. And when Thomas does give up his nap, PBS kids is always good for a little break when you need one ; )

Amie said...

I need a nap! Cute boy in the kitchen.

Rika Burr said...

he looks like spock with his haircut. nice.

Bruthahood said...

His hair actually doesn't really look too much like Spock, just there. It's usually a little more messed up so it's not quite so nerdy looking. I agree with the Spock look though. Maybe he'll be just as smart.