Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Had the opportunity to take the kiddos down to the temple yesterday while Kenta and I attended the wedding of a good friend. It was a great way to ring in Mother's Day weekend. As a wise woman pointed out at church today, oftentimes the things that bring us the most joy in life also bring us the most pain, frustration, exasperation, irritation, vexation (any other "-ation" word you can think of), etc. So it is with motherhood. I couldn't imagine my life without these sweet kids. Even on the days when I would like to box them up and send them to Grandma for a week. I know I would miss them thirty seconds after the mailman left and would likely run out of the house and chase him down the street to bring them back home.

And besides - what in the world would I post on Facebook if I didn't have Thomas around to inspire me? Hahaha....

Happy mother's day to the women out their who have mothered - whether it be mothering a child of their own or being an influence for good over a child of another. I'd be nothing in life without the women who have helped me along the way. Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

No comments: