Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sorry, kids. Life got really busy and this little blog went by the wayside. Honestly, I didn't mean for it to happen. I had a post about college football awhile back that I didn't finish writing due to the untimely death of the 2009 OU football season. Then I went to Missouri for a week during Applesaucepalooza 2009. Then my husband neglected Thomas and me for a month while he lived at the National Weather Center finishing his thesis. Then Thomas grew teeth and decided not to take naps. Then...I can't remember. I'll just blame Kenta's thesis. it basically sucked the life out of our family for a few weeks. My creative juices were not flowing, thereby rendering me completely useless at blogging..

I've learned that blogging is a lot like flossing your teeth. You're really good and consistent at it for awhile, then you skip a day....then a week.....then a month...then you decide it's really not that important and quit altogether. You can't really see the immediate benefits of flossing. You don't really know if it's been worth your time until your dentist compliments you on your nice teeth at your check-up. The same with the blog. I put a lot of time into each post (don't ask - it's a little embarrassing how much time I spend) and wonder who actually reads it. So I get neglectful and people I didn't even know were reading it start asking me to update. I feel so loved. I solemnly swear I will never go AWOL again.

I mentioned we were busy. Kenta's been the busiest of all. He defended his thesis last week and PASSED. Huzzah! I now present to you:


Masters of the Universe


Master Yoda



Phil "Zen Master" Jackson




Master P


and the newest Master.....drumroll, please.....



.....Master Kenta


Doesn't he look so distinguished? That's what averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night for six weeks will do to you. While Kenta was busy working on his thesis and not sleeping, Thomas was busy growing teeth and not sleeping. And, as usual, he was busy being very cute. I have pictures to prove it.

I realized on Halloween Eve that I had yet to take Thomas to a pumpkin patch for some pics. I'm a bad mom like that. Luckily there were about 4.5 pumpkins left for Thomas to pose with.

Caught by a huge gust of wind.



His hair is now long and plentiful enough to blow in the wind. Please take a moment to enlarge the picture and experience the cuteness for yourself.


I didn't have any snacks on hand, but Thomas found something else on his face to snack on. You might not want to enlarge that picture. Ewww...


Speaking of Thomas's face, here are the aforementioned teeth:

We are up to five now.

The obligatory "My Baby is So Cute in the Bathtub Picture":

( I may or may not have parted his hair that way)


And a bonus "My Baby is So Cute in the Bathtub" video:

The battery died after 20 seconds, which was extremely upsetting. He laughed for probably five minutes. It was the cutest thing ever and, of course, Kenta was at work when it happened and Thomas has not done it since.

You might remember that Halloween happened a few weeks ago. So as to not bore you with more blabber and self-indulgent Thomas pics, I will save our Halloween post for another day. But here's a preview:


to be continued.....

8 comments:

Mindy Jo said...

Glad you're back! I've missed you, Thomas & Kenta. Love you and p.s. you're not a bad mom!

Karen said...

Yesssss love the master pics, so creative and your little one is simply adorable! Welcome back

Heather Ralphs said...

i read your blog everytime you post something new! =) thomas is getting SO big! like a little man! =)

Amie said...

that is one sad looking rock...you inspired me with the 'master' tee shirt, Mike will have to thank you later when he's caught sportin' the DOC tee-shirt.

Rachel said...

way to go Kenta! Love the pics and video of Thomas... what a cutie. You're a way better mom than me, I didn't even concider taking Stockton to a pumpkin patch. By the way, Stockton has the same monkey jammies... and has zero teeth. (Not looking forward to those coming in)

Rebecca said...

Teeth?!?! WOW! Congrats to the Master Kenta! Congrats to the Master KENDALL who survived!

The Fifes said...

way to hang in there. love your posts. you have a gift for writing.

The Webb Family said...

Agggghhh, the licking of the snot pic!! LOVE the tub pics..he is SO super cute! And, you guys were too for Halloween..what a great idea.And, Kenta!! Woo-Hoo! You did it! Master Hood!