Sunday, May 3, 2009

Celebration of Learning

Each semester, Kendall and I take an institute class together. Our institute director, Brother Barber, sets aside a special day called "Celebration of Learning" where we do some little project that reflects something we learned in class over the course of the semester. We say "little" but we actually spend a considerably more time than we probably should. Take last year for example. Kendall made a jello mold of the city of Zion,


and I dropped "manna" from the sky with a r/c helicopter.


This year was no different. We spent all of our Sunday after church putting our projects together. We decided to do a video and a song based on the Book of Isaiah (we were taking a class on the writings of Isaiah).
Kendall was inspired by Linden's princess bling and made the following video (with a lot of help from me but it was all her idea).


For my celebration, I took the verses from D&C 84:99-102 and put it to the tune of The Spirit of God. It turned out pretty well.
Anyway, we'll be presenting both tomorrow in our last institute class but we thought we would share with everyone who won't be able to make it to our class.
Enjoy!

P.S. If you go to the actual link for the video, you can watch it in HD fullscreen for the best experience. Just make sure you let the video load by pressing play, then pausing until the bar turns blue.

6 comments:

The Chambers said...

This is awesome! what a great idea to take a class together. I think I might steal your smartness and do that with Tra' ONCE i graduate though. Love the projects too....manna and the RC helicopter is my favorite.

Amie said...

1. hysterical
2. SO much bling!
3. I love the "Hood" cameo
4. you guys rock- A+!

Ami said...

That is funny. The only way it might have improved was if you had purchased a child sackcloth from my shop. My favorite part was the hood.

Batistas said...

Too funny...my favorite part was the baldness!

Rachel said...

Hilarious! I say A ++!

Mindy Jo said...

wow! kenta, super talent! so creative! poor calvin. i was laughing SO hard! maren and travis are FAR too kind!!!! :)