Wednesday, May 15, 2013

30 for 30: Day 4

I've spent most of my "free" time (a.k.a. nap time) holed up in my room frantically trying to finish up a book for literature group tonight, and I realized that I haven't done any random act of kindness yet today. Oops. Better get on that. I was, however, the recipient of a RAOK when, after about fifteen failed attempts to back the minivan up and get my left wheel into that little thingamajig that scoots your car along, a kind soul in line behind me got out of his car and walked into the car wash to help me get my van lined up straight. I guess I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've tried to take a car to the car wash. In fact, that may have been the first time in the History of Ever that I have attempted the car wash on my own.

 And I fear I didn't represent my home state well. I'm sure the kind stranger was looking at the OU decals on the back of the van thinking, "Has this idiot never seen a car wash in Oklahoma?". I guess that's what happens when you grow up washing your car in the driveway with a huge sponge and a bucket of soapy Palmolive water (probably not the best soap for a car, but we weren't too concerned about keeping our VW vans in tip top shape). So, thank you, kind sir for the RAOK. My dignity suffered quite a bit, but your helpfulness snapped me out of further subjecting my kids to a stream of Mormon cuss words.


 Oh. And I'm just remembering that I have done a RAOK today. A thank you note is on its way to a 17 yr. old girl that probably didn't even realize what a good deed she had done, but I witnessed it and was thankful for it. And I thought she should know about it :)

No comments: