Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Becoming obsolete

Thomas has gained some new independence this week.

Some day he will hate me for posting this picture
He no longer needs me to help him get his drawers up and down when he needs to use the potty. He also insists on aiming himself and scooting himself on and off the potty, when needed. If I try to help him, this is what I get:
a door slammed in my face.

I just wish this burst of independence would have included an ability to wipe himself. So I guess I'm not completely obsolete. Yet.

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Big boy Thomas! It's kind of awesome when they start doing more of the potty business by themselves. : ) And you'll still have your roll as #1 wiper for awhile to come if he's anything like my kids. Even when they do start wiping themselves it can be a little sketchy without some back up from mom ; )

Bates Blogger said...

So exciting! And if you think the peeing all over the place except the toilet is going to stop as he gets older, disabuse yourself of that notion now :)
I'm glad you guys are feeling better.

Rachel said...

Stockton's started to get the same indepedence. But, he wants to wipe himself. Sometimes he does fine, sometimes, not so fine. Now if we could just get him to wash his hands!