Sunday, January 15, 2012

One day....

One day I will look back on this day and think, "Remember that time when Abigail was sick? And Kenta stayed home from church with her? And I was feeling a tad sketchy myself, but attributed it to having been up with Abigail so many times during the night, so I decided to take Thomas to Stake Conference by myself anyway so I could get out of the house? And 30 min. into conference, Thomas looks up at me and said, "Mommy! I need to burp!"? And I grabbed him and ran out of the chapel because I almost threw up in Stake Conference once (morning sickness with Abby...I barely made it to the ladies' room on time) and didn't want the same to happen to him? And we had someone go back in and get our stuff so we could leave early and get him home? And our car was boxed in, so we were stuck? And we found a quiet classroom with a barf bucket trashcan and he fell asleep on the floor?



Looking back, I really should have known this day would be doomed when I checked the weather and saw this:

Oh, man. Some day I will look back on the events of today and possibly laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Thankfully, we made it home sans burpisode. Temperatures were checked (Abby, Thomas, and I are all hovering around 101 degrees...nice...), medicine administered, and naps partaken. Kenta has been the lone survivor. He took care of everything - even made us all chicken soup - while I whimpered in bed. I really hope his health continues to be spared. Kind of amazing how quickly illness can strike. And kind of amazing how much MORE you appreciate your good health when you (or your kids) are sick.

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Oh Kendall I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Taber told me he saw you out there and he felt so bad! This winter really has been the worst for sickness! I seriously haven't thrown up since I was like 10 years old but this winter, totally happened. Seriously praying that you all recover quickly!!

Amie said...

we don't get paid enough for this job.

Lorie said...

Toddlers barfing is sooo sad! We had a fun incident in the car the other day. Poor babies and mama!