Monday, November 14, 2011

Conversations with Thomas

This morning while I was getting the kids dressed, I paused what I was doing to rub my eyes a bit (you'd rub your eyes a lot too, if your baby was waking up at 5:00 a.m.). Apparently this concerned Thomas and the following conversation ensued:

T - Mommy, are you sad?

K - Nope. Just rubbing my eyes.

T - Are you happy?

K - Yes, I am. Are you happy?

T - Yeah!

K - Why are you happy?

T-Because I'm not sad!


Ahhhh....the joys of a simple life. To need nothing more than the absence of sadness to declare oneself to be happy! No wonder Christ told us to become more like little children.

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Hey, have you ever posted video of him talking? I'd love to see it!

Casey&Mal said...

So cute! I would love to be inside the mind of a toddler.

Banana Moon Studio said...

FYI Kendall, I love reading your blog. you are a good writer. There are a lot of friend's blogs that I "follow" but don't actually read. I read yours. Just thought you might like to know :)

Beccarigg said...

So awesome : ) Aren't you glad we have our little ones to give us heavenly perspective now and again? : )