Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting to know you

I cannot write this post without first mentioning that I would not be responding to this unless I had not been tagged by my sweet and adorable sister-in-law, Hannah. "Being tagged" makes me feel awkward in the way receiving a chain letter makes me feel awkward. Let's just say that a lot of innocent people are probably dead because I threw a chain letter away instead of responding to it. And a lot of other people's wishes probably never came true. All because I don't respond to chain letters and tags. I am a jerk. I am sorry. But I love you, Hannah. This one's for you:

26 Things You Never Knew You Always Wanted To Know About Me

A- Attached or single: Attached
B- Best Friend: human - Kenta; electronic - a FUNCTIONING dishwasher
C-Cake or Pie: My mom's fresh blueberry pie or Lisa's key lime pie. Forget the crusts - I just like the filling
D-Day: Sunday
E-Essential Item: gotta go with Hannah on this one: my ipod. And airconditioning.
F- Favorite Color: Green
G-Gummy Bears or Worms: Sour patch kids (is that a legal response?)
H-Home town: Norman, OK. If I ever get out of here I'm going to Kathmandu.
I- Indulgences: An afternoon nap :o)
J- January or July: Why isn't June an option? I choose June. But I like the weather in January better.
K-Kids: Yes, I like them and am considering having one of my own.
L-Life is incomplete without: my crocs. Ugly as you may think they are, don't knock them until you try them.
M- Marriage Date: June 9, 2006
N- Number of Siblings: 8 - two older brothers, five older sisters and my adorable baby brother, Soren.
O-Obsession: Now that the Olympics are over, I am obsessionless.
Phobias or Fears: spiders. I just made Kenta kill one last night.
Q- Quote: “That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
R- Reason to Smile: OU football is less than a week away
S- Season: Fall - applesauce making, leaves falling, Halloween, Thanksgiving...so many reasons
T- Tag: Whoa! Not gonna do it (this is the equivalent of me throwing the chain letter away)
U- Unknown fact about me: Favorite band - Led Zeppelin. Favorite symphony - Beethoven's 7th (that's two, sorry)
V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: I am eating a piece of beef jerky right now.
W- Worst Habit: leaving my clothes on the floor? Chronic lateness? My propensity to whine? Saying "I'll do that later" and forgetting to do it? Too many to choose from.
X- X-rays or Ultrasounds: I've only had one, but I'd have to go with ultrasound on this.
Your Favorite Food: Fresh fruit - no cooking involved whatsoever.
Z- Zodiac Sign: Gemini.

I did it. I can't believe I actually did it. All the guilt of discarded chain letters has been swept away.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Kendall, I feel so much closer to you now. Thanks for letting the world in. I will be sure to send you all those cheesy fwds. now that you have responded to a tag! You know the ones, "send this to five people in five minutes and five wishes will come true!" MY BUTT! Five wishes! who do they think they are ...... GENIE!
I delete them five times over!!!!!

seguito said...

can i get an "amen" for letter R?! congrats on the coming addition to the hoods!!